Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant walk down the stairs the second I get downstairs with Rocko on my hand he takes off and flys either on the door or on Tikos cage.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My main flock that has near free roam of the house either let me carry them down or fly down ahead of me (making sure the door is open before even attempting it) they fly down the stairs into the living room around a few times landing on the cage. They have got used to it though and they do sometimes fly back up the stairs.

Just make sure where he usually goes is accessible, and try and deter him from Tiko, not sure how I'm afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main flock that has near free roam of the house either let me carry them down or fly down ahead of me (making sure the door is open before even attempting it) they fly down the stairs into the living room around a few times landing on the cage. They have got used to it though and they do sometimes fly back up the stairs.

Just make sure where he usually goes is accessible, and try and deter him from Tiko, not sure how I'm afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also sometimes when I pick him up from Tikos cage he flys back up.And Loki is starting to copy Rocko only by flying to Tikos cage but he lets me bring him downstairs.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Can you do anything to prevent access to the top of Tiko's cage? I'd be concerned about them getting toes bitten.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My male Ringo started just flying everywhere a week ago. I've trained him now 'wait' with my hand in front of him no matter where he moves. He's learning it slowly.

When he and Lucy are on my shoulder they stay. Even if I go to the loo! They just want to be on me.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you do anything to prevent access to the top of Tiko's cage? I'd be concerned about them getting toes bitten.
Nope I cant prevent access up there also theres no door where her cage is and Tiko wouldnt touch him shes very good with other birds.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I hope that you are correct and nothing comes of it. However, even for birds that are comfortable with other flock members, landing on top of a cage can be seen as a challenge to that bird's territory. There are many, many stories of birds being injured this way. If these were my birds, I would be sure to prevent them from landing on top of anyone's cage.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that you are correct and nothing comes of it. However, even for birds that are comfortable with other flock members, landing on top of a cage can be seen as a challenge to that bird's territory. There are many, many stories of birds being injured this way. If these were my birds, I would be sure to prevent them from landing on top of anyone's cage.
Yes thats what I wanna do I dont like him being up there at all I dont even like him being in the kitchen and my mam dosent want the birds in the kitchen Tiko lives in the kitchen but she knows to poop on the tissue paper.Also he seems to like getting to the highest place possible when I walk downstairs when I had budgies they also flew to Tikos cage only it was different then because Tiko was very scared of the budgies I dont know why and one time one of the budgies chased Tiko on the floor and Tiko went running and then she flew she was so scared of them I could never have the budgies in the same room with her without her being scared and we couldnt have that.But shes not scared at all of the tiels one time I was in the kitchen with Rocko and Tiko went over and sat beside Rocko but I moved Rocko a few seconds later because you know it was kind of unusual for her to just go beside him and anything could have happened if Rocko did something silly to her especially Loki the one who loves to grab Rockos tail but Loki hasnt done that in a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts