Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For no real reason at all i thought i would try putting Cookie in her flight suit today, she hasn't worn it for months and months, but i got it on without too much of a fight. She doesn't like it anymore now than she used to, but i took her outside briefly for a photo. I felt a bit nervous as she is mostly flighted, and i don't know how much i trust the velcro, but she was too busy trying to pull it off to fly anywhere. I did manage to get a couple of pretty photos though and here's one:

Once back inside i tested how well she could fly with it on and it didn't hinder her flight abilities at all which i was surprised by!

The only problem i could see happening if you were outside is the bird would fly and reach the end of the leash and be bought down by the resulting jerk backwards. :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I love Cookie's little innocent face just looking up at you on the first pic - too cute!! :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awww bless her!!! She looks so cute in the outside photo. It really doesn't stop her flying does it? Hmmm, I'm thinking of Dooby...of course he would have to have a camouflage one with a helmet and Doc Marten boots!! LOL!!
For halloween you could get a little dracula flight suit for him. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.