Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuzz Ball, a chick of 19 days, died today around 11 am central standard time. They were at the vet 4 days ago for slow crop and they perked right up after the medications given to them. Then they took a massive downturn today :(

Hope the afterlife is loaded with cuddled and fake puke for you :)

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Hand feeding is always hard. You think they're doing so good but there are just so many things we can't predict. Fly free little fuzz :angel:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone **Huge Hugs** It feels weird not having a baby to feed. Ah well...once Sideswipe and Firestorm's second clutch hatches, I'll be elbow deep in fake puke again :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I am sorry again... Poor baby. I hope you have fun with other baby angels now.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am sorry for your loss! Fly free li'l fuzzy :(

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
fuzz ball

So sorry to hear of the loss of your little ones. It must have been especially hard after they showed improvement. Peace to you.

·
Registered
878 Posts
So sorry about your loss of Fuzz Ball :(

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aww :( rest in peace Fuzz :angel:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone :) I'm bummed out still, especially seeing the brooder empty in the kitchen, but I'm happy Fuzz is happier wherever they are. Fuzz Ball's parents are being double clutched and have three eggs that they are currently are attending to. Expecting hatchlings in the fist few days of November!

I plan on waiting for the chicks to be at least 20-21 days before I pull them. I don't want a slow crop problem like I had with Fuzz being pulled too early. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts