Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just wanted to start by saying how helpful I've found reading through your articles 😊 I had a cockatiel a lng time ago now who sadly passed away about 15yrs ago and my 2 lil girls love the stories I tell about her funny personality and habits so I decided to get a new one. She's around 16-20weeks old now and very tame. She loves coming out and spending time with our whole family but definitely has the biggest attachment to me. If I leave the room she calls for me. I've tried calling back but it does little to settle her down really. The worst part is wen I'm at work. She'll spend a big portion of the day calling me to the point that my other half and the girls will leave the room because they've got a headache or just can't concentrate on whatever else they're doing. They've tried getting her out to amuse her, and she is fine wen she's out but not long after she goes back in she'll start up again. At weekends wen I'm home all day she's fine, doesn't flock call at all wen I'm in the room. They've tried ignoring the calls but she just doesn't stop. I'm considering getting her a friend and have found a breeder that will let me take her along to see how she interacts with the other tiels, and to also see how she'll react wiv me interacting with others. I know it'll b different if they're both in her house but it should help give me an idea to start. I've sorted another cage to keep them separated until I feel comfortable enough to house them together and she has plenty of toys, including new ones regularly that I've been swapping out. Sorry about the long winded 1st question but do you think a friend might help with the flock calling or is there anything else you could recommend? Many thanks 😊

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.