Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one? I need two and I want to make them. Can someone post pics on and off their bird please? Maybe even measurements, if that's not asking too much.

Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Hey. I looked into flight suits before since my babies go everywhere with me. I was thinking of having them flighted instead BUT from what I have read and heard none are really good for tiels. Most are too big and uncomfortable for a little tiel. Maybe you'll have better luck- I just don't trust a little string with a flighted tiel..

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I don't trust the velcro on them to use them on fully flighted birds. I have one, but it's a bit big for Cookie, and Bailee is even smaller than her. She really really hates wearing it, and it's a bit of a pain in the butt to put on. Then i'm nervous when she's outside in it because i think the velcro won't hold. I stopped using it ages ago, hehe. :p

A better harness that's supposed to be really good for small birds like tiels is the Aviator Harness. If they weren't so expensive here i wouldn't mind trying one out. They're supposed to be more comfortable and less restrictive.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've clipped both birds wings. Mojo was just flying into the walls and ceilings, she didn't seem to be learning not to. Chiclet was ok but I thought it would be unfair to Mojo to just clip her.

I have found a tiny hampster harness here for under $10. Maybe that would work. I would sew a cross piece across the chest part though.

I have also thought about buying a very small leash and sewing together a harness for them.

I will let you know what I do and how they work.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Maybe that would work better than the "regular one". In your case you'd have to keep updating it since they are growing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts