Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of Rockos flight feathers used to be white/Yellowish and now that he moulted it out its grey like all the rest and on his other wing the feather still hasnt moulted out yet so its still there and its a clipped feather is it normal for them to change colour.The top of his wings seem to be turning dark grey too and I actually like the colour he also looks like he got a bit taller.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Male pearl pieds lose their pearls with molts. The feathers will turn solid color like a grey, so they will be a pied only. Sometimes it takes quite a few molts to change.
Females keep the pearls therefore staying pearl pied.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Male pearl pieds lose their pearls with molts. The feathers will turn solid color like a grey, so they will be a pied only. Sometimes it takes quite a few molts to change.
Females keep the pearls therefore staying pearl pied.
His tail has one yellow feather and its the longest feather on his tail will that change a solid colour.

·
Registered
786 Posts
It may or may not. On my JoJo it stayed yellow, and a lot of his other tail feathers stayed plain yellow or yellow barred with black, they didn't change.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may or may not. On my JoJo it stayed yellow, and a lot of his other tail feathers stayed plain yellow or yellow barred with black, they didn't change.
Thanks for your help.I like the way hes changing it makes him look more like an Adult lol. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts