Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ...
I desperately need help please..

I have never owned birds before and seem to have become a first time cockateil owner as I acquired two cockateils over our lockdown.

I found the more white coloured one in my tree and found the more dark coloured one in a box in a field and just would like to find out if I have two males ? or two females ?or a male and a female.??.

so the lighter colour one seems to be scared of the darker colour one and always flies away from the darker coloured one?
Why is this?

And then the darker coloured one seems to always be singing and doing some head dance to the lighter coloured one , why is this and what does it mean?

Or the darker one seems to follow the lighter one but the lighter one seems like it does not like the other one as it just stares at it or flies away wen the other one gets to close to it?

Plus the lighter coloured one does not seem to sing like it used to and always looks like it's shivering?

It seems the lighter coloured one and my son have a connection like they have imprinted (if that is what it is called)on each other its crazy my son cannot go to even the toilet without it freaking out and by mistake my son walked outside with it on his shoulder and we panicked as it does not have its wings clipped and it did not even bother to try fly away ...
plus we leave the doors open and if my son walks down stairs it will fly downstairs looking for him and never flies outside or away..
I think this is hectic and beautiful at the same time (like a stalker cockateil) and my daughter and the darker one seem to have the same connection with her bird but at least I am able to pick up her bird and kiss it and stuff?

why is this ?

Why is it that my sons bird won't go to anyone but my daughters bird will go to anyone ?

I just wanna know why my sons one will only come to me if it seems scared or hungry ?
Otherwise it won't come to me at all anymore, which sux as I did rescue it and spent all my time with it my son never bothered with it but became his bird?.
They only come to me when I give them food and water....

But I see no birds like me 馃槶馃槶

if anyone could help me with some info It would be much appreciated..
Screenshot_20210425-093317_WhatsApp.png

Screenshot_20210425-094832_Gallery.png
Screenshot_20210425-095103_Gallery.png

What sex are these two?

Registered
In the last photo with the boy, the one on the left looks like a female. The one on the right is for sure a male.

Registered
Hi there ...

I have never owned birds before and seem to have become a first time cockateil owner as I acquired two cockateils over our lockdown.

I found the more white coloured one in my tree and found the more dark coloured one in a box in a field and just would like to find out if I have two males ? or two females ?or a male and a female.??.

so the lighter colour one seems to be scared of the darker colour one and always flies away from the darker coloured one?
Why is this?

And then the darker coloured one seems to always be singing and doing some head dance to the lighter coloured one , why is this and what does it mean?

Or the darker one seems to follow the lighter one but the lighter one seems like it does not like the other one as it just stares at it or flies away wen the other one gets to close to it?

Plus the lighter coloured one does not seem to sing like it used to and always looks like it's shivering?

It seems the lighter coloured one and my son have a connection like they have imprinted (if that is what it is called)on each other its crazy my son cannot go to even the toilet without it freaking out and by mistake my son walked outside with it on his shoulder and we panicked as it does not have its wings clipped and it did not even bother to try fly away ...
plus we leave the doors open and if my son walks down stairs it will fly downstairs looking for him and never flies outside or away..
I think this is hectic and beautiful at the same time (like a stalker cockateil) and my daughter and the darker one seem to have the same connection with her bird but at least I am able to pick up her bird and kiss it and stuff?

why is this ?

Why is it that my sons bird won't go to anyone but my daughters bird will go to anyone ?

I just wanna know why my sons one will only come to me if it seems scared or hungry ?
Otherwise it won't come to me at all anymore, which sux as I did rescue it and spent all my time with it my son never bothered with it but became his bird?.

if anyone could help me with some info It would be much appreciated.. View attachment 93294 View attachment 93296
View attachment 93295 View attachment 93297
What sex are these two?
[/QUOTE]
Hi there ...

Why is this?

why is this ?

if anyone could help me with some info It would be much appreciated.. View attachment 93294 View attachment 93296
What sex are these two?
To make sure what gender they are, check their wings. Check under their wings and if there are dots, it means it鈥檚 a girl, and if it doesn鈥檛 have dots, it鈥檚 a boy. Also, I wasn鈥檛 sure what you meant when you said that the darker one sings to the lighter one . In the picture with your son, which one sings, the one on the left or the one on the right (the one with the yellow head)?

Registered
Hi there ...

Why is this?

why is this ?

What sex are these two?
the lighter colerd one is a boy and the darker one is a girl :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts