Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my bird (named it SKY) 3 days ago.. now its 38days old. Sky is comfy with me sits on my finger , sometimes it climbs my finger on its own.. sometimes i have to place it on my finger or hand, then it gets a grip of it.. gets comfy.. i pet my bird, likes it very much .. also falls asleep while am doing it..
its a good thing that sky sleeps on one leg and both eyes shut.. i actually had doubts regarding that and saw some posts here and got my doubts cleared..
since am new to this whole parenting (I've never had a bird before , not even any pet, for that matter). as of now Sky is eating formula.. am having doubts as to when i can get sky to respond to its name (sky).. can someone help me with that? and also how to get my bird to respond to its name?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm no bird expert as I only just got one myself. That is really good progress but since you are hand feeding I'm less surprised lol. I would says just keep talking to the bird saying it's name like Hi Sky when you walk in the room or Goodnight Sky when you put it to bed or Hello Sky randomly throughout the day. That is my thought. I'm doing that with my Tiki. He will sometimes move closer to me when I am talking to him but I think that is mostly to hear my voice than to come when called. Idk if you can actually teach a bird to come when called by their name but you can definitely teach them to say their name!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts