Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hahaha--

I went out and bought Luna a swing today. She surprised me at how curious she was of it and how quickly she decided to investigate it. About 2 minutes after I had put it in she hopped on it and boy was she surprised when it moved! She went to squawking and jumped off and decided it was better to peck at it than to use it for a perch.

I guess time will tell what she really thinks of it...she cracks me up.

Any good stories of your birds discovering something new?:p

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
My tiel loved a mirror in her cage. :rolleyes: She ran back and forth on the perch in and out of the mirror's view looking at herself. It was a mirror ladder, so I fixed it so she could sit on the ladder. SHE WOULDN'T MOVE. She just went nuts staring at herself like she couldn't get enough. :love: I had to take the mirror away because she didn't do anything but look at herself the whole time it was in front of her. My friend gave her a theme song: "Everybody stops and is staring at me. I got a passion in my wings. And I aint afraid to show it (show it, show it, show it), I'm sexy and I know it." which is Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO with a change to fit the tiel since Grey doesn't wear pants. lol.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
lol too cute! My Budgie adores his swing. My Tiel Hetty loves her swing because Gibbs couldn't get her on it if she sat just right. The 10 week old chicks are still investigating swings. McGee is trying to figure out how to get on it and stay on it too. lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Awh! Very sweet :) mine hated her swing. She's taken to all her toys except the swing. She especially loves her disco ball! When I showed her that I evidently surprised her because she leapt back a bit, surprised, then ran at it! (Happily! Not angrily :) )

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
LOL! She sounds like a funny little birdy!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to take it out because it crowded the cage a bit so i had to take out her favorite perch, then i felt bad because she likes to sleep at the highest part of the cage...which would be the swing, i'll put it back in there occassionally so she'll get used to it. And once i move her in with Kirk (we're having both of them retested first) she'll have a bigger cage so i can keep it in all the time. Hopefully she'll like it, but if i remember right then Kirk didn't like the old swing he had (we threw it away bc we didn't want to risk it being contaminated with disease)...we'll see :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts