Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lot took place over the last 3 days...
I had a normal grey hen :tiel 6: for last 9 months. I was in garage with door open and off she goes!!! she stayed on top of our neighbor's roof.. I whistled and talked to her but she refused to come back. reached out with a stick, she refused to step on it. I pushed her, she flew over to a window of that house. I went to her with the stick again, she refused to get on it. I pushed her again, she flew into the bushes. I went and was actually able to catch her!!! then she kept screaming and biting me and when I let her go, she flew as far away as she could until I could no longer see her...

My kids were a lot more sad than me. I felt bad and sad until she bit me and flew off... then I felt like that's what she wants. I hope she's wise enough to survive on her own.

then the good news... I got this beauty today!
(S)he is the sweetest tiel I've ever seen!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aww :( I'm sorry you lost her! She would've gone into shock and panicked. Poor baby. :(

What country are you from? It is possible for 'tiels to survive in the wild, but typically only in their native country, Australia.

Congrats on your new 'tiel! He/she's gorgeous! :love:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Why was your bird allowed in the garage if the door was open? Not to be too harsh but it's fairly unlikely that she will survive living in the wild. Have you put up lost ads? Called vets? You know it is possible someone else found her, you should really be looking for her.
As for your new tiel, is she being kept in a more secure environment where she won't be able to get out?

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Was she tame because if she was she wouldn't fly away from you after catching her yes maybe still bite but if that was Rocko he would probably bite to get out of my hand but if I let go he wouldn't fly off he would just sit on my hand also if she's tame she could go to someone but really she shouldn't have been in the garage in the first place from reading your post it's like she wasn't tame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts