Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again!

So Jiji has started his first moult. He's super grumpy. I also recently got a new tiel (Nova) just before he started moulting. Recently, Jiji hasn't been whistling much. While he never really sang, he did used to whistle and chatter a lot. I'm worried that it has something to do with my other tiel. I thought maybe that he was ill but he seems to be acting completely normal in every other way, and my other tiel and my budgie seem to be making normal amounts of noise and acting completely normal. Is it normal for them to go quiet when they have their first heavy moult? Or is it worth a vet visit? Thanks! :wf lutino::grey tiel:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
There have been a lot of changes for him so that could definitely be the issue. Molting makes birds really tired, so he could be sleeping more than usual right now. Did you put the new tiel in his cage or are they in separate cages?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're together now as she's not THAT new. Just newer than the rest. He did nap yesterday during the day,which he's never done before. However, he hasn't been sleepy since. Just his normal self!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts