Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very nice lady a couple hours from us is getting out of breeding and selling most of her birds. We went to check out her aviary and ended up purchasing four gorgeous, young birds (2 female, 2 male) as well as 3 babies who were just about ready to be pulled. She had another clutch of 3 pearled babies but I understandably didn't want to take on 6 babies my first time hand feeding. It seems to be going well though! Each baby lost a few grams the first day because they weren't too thrilled with the syringe. They're chowing down at each feeding now though and have regained the lost weight and then some. Their feathers are coming in beautifully too. :)

Tuesday night (from top to bottom): Bludger, Quaffle, & Snitch.
Bludger and Quaffle are clutch mates and nearly identical besides their crests (and current size obviously). They look just like their mom who is a cinnamon white faced pied! Snitch is from different parents but was the only baby in his/her clutch that ever hatched so I decided to take him/her as well.

This morning. The bigger one is Bludger, Snitch is the grey, and Quaffle with the white crest.
(I realize this isn't the ideal bedding... I just had it left over from my rabbit. lol I'll be picking up some proper bedding as well as a proper tank this afternoon!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! The oldest two just took their first flights yesterday. :) I left them with my husband for like 15 seconds and Bludger took off and landed in box. Lesson learned, only handle one fledgling at a time! :lol:

·
Registered
770 Posts
They're so cute!

Yessiree it's really hard to get them to eat when all they want to do is fly. Imagine 5 babies taking off at the same time plus 2 parents. :eek: that was a hectic time for me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts