Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone here from india? i am trying my best to find a good vet ... i dialled two vets in bengaluru and meerut and showed them her condition and pics.. they both said she is having lice and recommended fipronil spray and bolfo powder , either one of them...i know fipronil is for dogs and cats and even manufacturers dont recommend fipronil to any other species..how can such vets be believed? :( I still have to find information about that bolfo powder...I dont think you guys will approve fipronil...Will you ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi there! I'm sorry about what happened to your baby. NEVER use fipronil on your bird. Studies have shown that fipronil can be highly toxic to some birds and can harm them very badly. Although I cannot personally recommend it because I haven't used it before, I did a little search and found that this product is available on Amazon's India website. It has amazing reviews. It might be useful to call a few of your local pet shops and ask them if they have this product or any other products for dealing with bird lice. Sorry I can't help too much. :/ Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
So sorry that you're having a troubling time finding a good vet and medication! Definitely have a look online at the lice treatments, that may be your best way to get suitable and safe medication for your cockatiel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there anyone here from india? i am trying my best to find a good vet ... i dialled two vets in bengaluru and meerut and showed them her condition and pics.. they both said she is having lice and recommended fipronil spray and bolfo powder , either one of them...i know fipronil is for dogs and cats and even manufacturers dont recommend fipronil to any other species..how can such vets be believed? :( I still have to find information about that bolfo powder...I dont think you guys will approve fipronil...Will you ?
I am not from Bangalore or Meerut but in Chennai there a few Vet who treated my INR. There is also also a govt pet hospital in Vepery in Chennai under the name "Madras Veterinary hospital.

In Bangalore you can try this link https://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/...japuram/080PXX80-XX80-120510154309-F9S1_BZDET

Hope it helps and wish your bird a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That's odd, didn't she have lice? Did the new vet check her for lice? Did you end up getting a treatment for her?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We got a safe spray for lice and that really helped 🙂 Vet visit was more about her issue of tail bobbing and a few other things, and I was told not to worry much about her for she's quite healthy, we are also gonna add more nutritional food in her diet and some exercise..

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm so glad the lice spray helped! Was it the Scalex? Definitely make sure she's got a well-rounded diet. Monitor her carefully and weigh her daily. A drop in weight or increased lethargy can help you catch issues before they escalate too much.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Oh that's great to hear. Please keep us updated about her and I hope she is doing well. Don't hesitate to post about any other queries or worries you have about her and cockatiels in general!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.