Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post a while ago about how Lorenzo refused to touch anything that wasn't his Zupreem pellets or seed. Last week I adopted a hand raised baby tiel Sebastian and decided I would see if he would eat any fruits,veggies, and eggs. I made a mixture of a few different things and put it in the cage. Within minutes Sebastian was over at the bowl nibbling on them and then within the hour Lorenzo decided he was going to try them as well! I am SO happy that Sebastian showed him that they are yummy! Now I can try more and more different things to see what they like!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Sometimes all it takes is seeing another fid eating veggies to make them look interesting. So happy they are both eating them. :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
veggies

Great! Yes, sometimes they need to see another cockatiel eating something before they will try it. I know I am older than most of you. (actually a "senior citizen" although I don't feel that old!) It reminded me of a TV commercial from years ago for a breakfast cereal. None of the kids would try it so they gave it to "Mikey" (He hates everything). When he ate it, they decided it was okay for them to eat, too. I think "fids" is a great name for our feathered friends; they surely act like human children sometimes!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone! I'm still very excited about it. Found some cockatiel recipes online and I'm eager to try them. Sebastian will literally eat anything I put in the cage and once Lorenzo sees that it's okay to eat, he eats it too. Scrambled eggs seem to be their favorite so far. I bought some different safe fruits and veggies to try today so I can figure out what they like!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts