Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've decided to call our new baby Rose, short for Rosalina which pairs with Luma's name ;)

The main issue at the moment is that she is certainly not familiar with hands and will hiss/move away from my hands when I change her food and water.

I was extremely lucky with Luma as she was handled before I got her and would step up from the get go so I am a little unfamiliar with Rose's behaviour. Even so I'm not in any hurry and willing to go at her pace. However I'm a little rusty on bonding training so any advise would be great, I got her to eat a little of a treat stick I held up to her today but only a little bit and then she moved away. A small victory none the less :)

Also I managed to get a few photos of her back, it's hard to see but she has got some yellow markings on her back. Are these pearls? If so then what mutation is she? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
She'll get used to you. :)

I'm no mutation expert, so I'll leave that to someone else, but she's a beauty

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rose is a very pretty name, I like it!

As for the coloration, and I'm no expert by any means, the yellow spots on her shoulders on the second picture look too big and blotchy to be pearls. Almost like they're very light pied markings. Perhaps she really is a clear pied!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Agree with the above and since lutinos are about 70% female you have a good chance she is really a she.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts