Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new phone has an awesome camera and easily picks up slight details. Honey is very pale and her colouring changes a lot depending on what kind of lighting she is in. She has a very faint brownish-coloured wash over her back and wings. I've been wondering for as long as I've had Honey if she is cinnamon or not (just out of curiousity, not for breeding. She is a lutino pied for sure) and these photos have me somewhat convinced (taken in natural light):

She doesn't look like the typical cinnamon lutino to me though. Could the pied have something to do with it? What do you think? She also has a couple of cinnamon-toned tail feathers, but no cinnamon flights. Is fallow a possibility?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She wasn't very thrilled indeed, she kept complaining that it was too close but then relaxed after a few minutes haha.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I don't know much about fallow but it does look like the pied is playing a part in where the cinnamon is showing up on her feathers.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Beautiful! She looks angelic.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Has she had any injuries the past few months? Or does she regularly? The feathers have a slightly red tinge to my eye so I wonder if it may be old washed off blood.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's definitely not blood. She's recently molted and the feathers grow in this colour. It just seems weird to me - in bright sunlight the cinnamon wash isn't there. It's very pastel and looks sort of pinkish sometimes. I've ruled out dyes from toys and coloured pellets, too - she's been eating Harrison's, Roudybush and Vetafarm Essential for about a year instead of the brightly-coloured Vetafarm Nutriblend pellets which I was feeding before.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Honey

She is beautiful! It's true; she doesn't look happy about the photo session. That last one is like she's saying "OK enough is enough!"

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stunning 😍
She is beautiful! It's true; she doesn't look happy about the photo session. That last one is like she's saying "OK enough is enough!"
Thanks :) and yeah she isn't too fond of my new phone but when she feels like posing I tend to get some great shots haha :) only on her terms of course ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts