Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, she's finally home now, I reserved her at my local pet shop about a week ago (was waiting for the cage, etc to arrive) and was finally able to bring her home earlier this evening.

We've named her Luma, she is about 1 year old and has settled in well so far. She doesn't seem to afraid of hands, she steps up and has already started eating and drinking from her food bowls :D

I'm guessing she is a pearl but if anyone could tell me what her mutation is I would be very thankful. The photos attached may be a bit fuzzy, they were hard to take since she wouldn't keep still!

Love her to bits already <3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
She looks like a pearl to me :) very pretty! And if she's a year old, probably has gone through her first molt, making her female for sure. Sounds like she's already really comfortable with you guys. Congrats on bringing your first cockatiel home!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Congratulations! She looks so sweet, pretty, and healthy!
I also think she is a pearl.
I also went through reserving a bird, then waiting for the cage. It's so exciting when they finally come home.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone :)

Awww she's beautiful :) congratulations :) sounds like she's settling in well ;)
Looks like she has the same cage as Skye too :)
Yeah, I think it is the same cage. She seems to like it so far and there's plenty of room for her to move about. Very glad I didn't go with that other smaller cage and managed to save up for this one instead!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would have to say that's massive I have 2 tiles in a cage half the size :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow almost like my boy Charlie! :) beautiful girl though!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the moment she tries to nip at me when my fingers are near her but she will happily perch on my hands and shoulders. Other than the nipping she looks quite happy and curious as her crest is relaxed/medium way up. Im just unsure what the nipping means...

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
She's gorgeous! How exciting! Congrats :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts