Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 5 week old baby cockatiels are out of their box a lot often now, but ever since they got out of the box I'm not hearing the parents feed them anymore. They got out around 2 days ago for the first time and for these last 2 days i don't hear anything. My question is what should i do? should i hand feed these babies or let the parents do their thing? Thank very much everyone!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You can try to start them on baby cockatiel formula with a spoon and theres a lot of info on how to do it here and soft foods like sprouted seed,spray millet, soft eggfood. I am not an expert but I am sure the mire experienced members and moderators will come to help you . All the best X x

·
Registered
885 Posts
Have they began to fly yet? Or try to fly? At 5 weeks they are probably preparing to fledge and at this stage babies often go off their food and "diet" in preparation for flight. The parents likely ARE still feeding them, just not as often.

If you're not already, i'd start weighing them once a day and monitor their weight. If they're maintaining a healthy weight, I wouldn't worry too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts