Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had a tiel and a budgie and asked me to take them due to life (job) changes and his not being home enough. I of course said yes. :) The fourth day with me the tiel he thought was male laid her first egg...she now has 2 more. From what I read she will lay every other day so if theres not another one today I assume she is done. I was totally caught offguard when she laid...I had just moved her from the cage he brought her over in to a larger cage with all new perches and toys. I sure wasn't prepared for a female. Its funny tho...my husband named HIM Sonny, he told our 4 year old Granddaughter his name and she said NO...she is Sunshine...guess she was right!
As for the budgie...we sat her by the cage of our 4 other budgies for several days then when we was home all day to keep an eye we moved her in with them. They seem to ignore and snub her a bit but all in all its working out. She is quite an adventerous lil gal....love her spunky spirit! Toys we have had in there that has gone untouched is getting used now by her! Hopefully budgie see budgie do and they will all start exploring more! Sorry so long but excited about our newest additions!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Kirby and I. We look forward to talking with you :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Welcome to you and your new additions from Joey and me. :) Funny hows intuitive kids can be sometimes, knowing things adults don't. Sunshine is a great name for a girl :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

Good luck with the eggs.. you might want to try giving her longer nights (12 -14 hours) to see if that helps to reduce her hormones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts