Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what colour eyes do your tiels have (and don't say black, look harder). Cookie has brown eyes, Bailee has blue, and my new girl has red.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I have never really looked that hard I just assumed they were black...lol :p Minnie has red I do know that for sure the other two I am going to have to look a little closer ;)

I checked it out Georgie's are brown and I believe Ollie's are brown as well he kept moving around so it was harder to tell...lol

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can really tell when they're sitting somewhere sunny. That's when i noticed that Bailee's eyes were actually quite pale and blue. In normal light they mostly just look black though.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Looking now....well Ziggy seems to have blue on the outside and a deep red iris..Baby had a grey outside and black iris.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Spike may have really dark brown of dark grey It is really hard to see his eyes unless you look really close you can't make out a pupil

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ella has a really light blue on the outside and then red for her iris (same as Ziggy)...hehe cool babyluv!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
the only ones i know for sure are the Lutino's LOL i'll have to wait til the sun comes up to look at the rest

I just always asumed the rest of the birds had plum colored eyes - but i'll look if they'll let me lol

but while i was looking at birds for sale on different classified ads the other day, I did run into a "blue eyed lutino" ........ but of course there was no picture
which i thought was odd if its a lutino how would it have blue eyes?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I have never heard of a Lutino having blue eyes, all Lutinos and Albinos have red eyes of some shade or depth of color.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
That is what I said, I'll have to try and find the ad again

it said Blue eyed Lutino - I even had my kids read it one at at time ( while one was taking a bath so they wouldn't copy from eachother) my kids are 7 and 10 both read great

I thought i was seeing things but they both read the same thing i did

if i can ever find that ad again - i'll post it ( don't hold ur breath though i look through tons of ad's a day and I lose many of them that i wanted to remember to go back to later LOL)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have actually seen a lutino of another forum that did have the most gorgeous blue eyes. Of course, technically it would no longer be classed as a lutino, but it sure was pretty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts