Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, there! My bird, Falcore, a 2-month old, has a very hard and tight crop at the moment. He is in the process of weaning. Out of our 3 cockatiel chicks, he’s furthest in the process and enjoys seeds and pellets. However, we still handfeed him every four hours but we’re slowly decreasing the amount of baby bird food his given because he’s getting more and more used to seed. His crop usually gets quite full. He always begs for food even though it’s full. Today, however, about 20 minutes after he’s been fed, we realised that his crop feels very tight and hard, almost like a tennis ball. Usually it’s softer and more squishy (not that I squeeze it😅😅). Falcore has a minor eye infection but otherwise seems fine. In the photo below you can see some fluff by his eye that’s just because of the drops we gave him. (He caught it from one of our other birds.) He’s not acting differently, but I’d like to know if i should be concerned. Please let me know about any thoughts you guys have on this...Maybe it’s normal when they wean...? Please let me know! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts