Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sad and excited. The young male cockatiel I was going to get in a few weeks has been sick and his owner thinks he's not going to live so she not gonna give him away.:( But on the other side of this craziness I get to go to Tango's flock tomarrow and see all of her birds! I'm really excited , she said she has ALL kinds of cockatiels right now which is great. I am probably not even gonna get any sleep tonight from how excited I am! Is there anything I should know before I go see all of these birds ??:):p

http://www.tangosflock.com/

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
How exciting!! :D Do you think you'll come home with a baby, or put a deposit on one?? :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it depends on if they have one that looks like it doesn't want to eat me (a good attitude) ,but since I don't have a cage right now I'll probably put a deposit on one.:D

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
How exciting for you I know I couldn't sleep :D

P.S Bea I hope you didn't look at the site it has a picture of there 15 yr old Scorpion who just had babies it said under band # none given as we don't plan to have any more not to mention she ate her mate :eek:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i would ask what food she feeds are they hand reared are they tame if you have problems can you call and ask for advice what kind of toys do they prefere how old are they

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeahhh.. uhmmm.. I was planning on staying WAY away form the scorpions. lol. :D

(BTW Babyluv12 your new siggy is adorable!)

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
You must be excited :D I would see if you could hold some of the babies to see how they react to you. Also when you get home you should change your clothes and wash up before seeing your birds. Iam sure her birds are very healthy but you mays well just to be safe. oh and bring a camera so you can take photos especially of the one you may choose :p good luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D I will bring my phone with me so I can take some pictures and then I will post them.. well I am off to my sleepless night!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gahh. I think I have bad luck or something.....Today the aviary I was suppoed to go to was empty there was no people there, so I guess they bailed on their appointment. UHHH!
BUTTTTTT!!!!!
On the plus side I called my teacher to see if she knew anyone else and she did! It's sooo great because she lives like 10 minutes away from me and she has a breeding female right now and she told me I could pick which male could go with her! Her breeding female is a :love:Whiteface Cinnamon Pearl:love:,I practically screamed they are gorgeous birds! She said I have firt pick of anything she hatches and she said she would keep about 5 five so I have 3 or 4 mutations to choose from.:love::love::love::love::love::love::love: She has been breeding ONLY cockatiel for 35 years and she told me she would keep me posted on the eggs and the mom and dad. I like it because she is a smaller breeding aviary and she told me since I would be interacting with like 1-2 week old babies she would teach me to handfeed.:D:D So now I have some extra time to save up some money for a BIG cage and s/he will be hand-reared half way by me! She expects that I should have a birdy by mid-March my B-day March 16.. So s/he can be my birthday birdie!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Sorry to hear that noane was there...that's not very reliable of them at all. Well, goodluck in your search! That special baby is out there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your encouragement!

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Wow I guess you are lucky to find a breeder that will let you have first pick :D Iam sure when you get your cockatiel that they will love the big cage you are going to get them ;) Keep us updated

1 - 20 of 20 Posts