Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very bad news!!
Tuesday afternoon I had my friend to come to my place for a movie night,we were on the balcony,and tweety(My cockatiel 3months old) IS CLIPPED! I wanted to give my friend the bird to handle it and Tweety went afraid and opened his wings and found himself out of the balcony boundaries.. and he went with the wind,afraid...

I am trying to locate him.. but it is not as easy as you think,I didn't have a clear visual where he landed,Tuesday night(around 7:30pm )after I lost him I heard his voice while approximating his location so as Wednesday at sunset I also heard his voice,for some reason I can only hear him on sunset,I tried to play records of cockatiel on a dock while walking in the location.but they don't seem to work.. I assume he is young to whistle much,he whistle a couple of times and then nothing(and only on sunset).. not enough time to follow the sound..

I have been waiting to listen for him every sun rise and sunset.. I feel really bad about myself and what I have done.. I am thinking today to take his cage and place it In the approximated place where he is; maybe he will get a bit encouraged to come down or come near..he is surely hungry and in need of water.. but it is really confusing first I don't know his exact location,second if he is still alive.. really confusing..
I am getting really hopeless and feel bad about myself that's the worst thing that could happen
PLEASE WHOEVER IS READING THIS NEVER TAKE YOUR BIRD OUTSIDE NEVERRR
This is a sketch about the situation,the red "line" is the trajectory of the bird.. the red zone is where he is supposed to be..(not sure also,but I heard his voice there)

hebergement d image

again this is a picture from the balcony from where he escaped..

des photos

I also talked to all the neighbors and told them about the bird.. THAT SUCKSS!! :cry:

Please if anyone has any advice on how to proceed I will be really grateful

this is tweety:

hebergeur dimage

hebergement image

·
Registered
246 Posts
How sad. Where do you live? Do you have vets and animal shelters nearby? Make sure they know in case he is handed in.I will be hoping for a good outcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Lebanon, we don't have these facilities.. I did my best by visiting all
The possible neighbors in case..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I searched every article on the net and read it! thanks a lot for trying to help!
I placed the cage on a tree hoping that he may try to get close to it.. hopefully..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh god that is upsetting. Good luck finding your bird. That would crush me. Would your bird fly to you when you call? No doubt it will be scared. Just keep searching and good to tell all your neighbours.

All the very best finding your bird xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unfortunately it has been 2 days that I didn't hear my bird and I believe I lost his location.. I won't give up but things are getting complicated don't know where to look for it now.. he could be anywhere! if not dead..

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I'm so sorry that you lost your 'tiel. I sincerely hope he is reunited with you. :(

·
Registered
786 Posts
Saying a prayer that you find your baby....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys..
Unfortunately Tweety was never found.. Yesterday I surrendered.. I talked to all the neighbors if he is gonna be found and the neighbors are kind enough they will call me they have all the information..

JUST PLEASE! CLIPPED OR NOT! SPECIALLY HAVING A CLIPPED BIRD IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO TAKE YOUR BIRD OUTSIDE.. EVEN IF YOU THINK THAT'S OKAY HE LOVES ME HE WILL NEVER LEAVE ME..

PLEASE KEEP YOUR BIRD INSIDE OR TAKE HIM SECURELY OUTSIDE!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So sorry to hear about Tweety... I know how you feel! It has happened to me twice with my Tony. Both times, we were fortunate enough to get him back. Last time it happened, I posted an ad on Craigslist, and that is how I found him - a man read my ad and he was the one who found him at a gas station apparently.
Don't give up yet, just try to post ads. He is a beautiful bird.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a new cockatiel two days ago he is younger than Tweety,when I got him,he is only 2months now,it is a lutino,female(according to the breeder)

here are a couple of picture of her(PENNY):

hebergeur dimage

hebergement image

I am getting really lucky with cockatiels.. they are really cute!! I will post a threat of her with videos

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
You have this thread on the parrot forum too.Im sorry to hear about tweety he looked like my cockatiel Loki who is Female.I hope all goes well with your new tiel they really are cute.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
escaped

Oh, I am sorry to hear about your lost 'tiel! You are right though...even clipped, cockatiels should not be taken outside unless in a harness or in a cage. I am so sorry you had to find out the hard way. I lost my first cockatiel, Shadrach, when she flew out my door. I had her out of the cage and just opened the door for a second and she flew out. She was not near the door, but was so quick, she just darted out. In my case I never saw her again. It was late afternoon, getting dark, and it was winter, very cold. I don't think she survived the night, but I never found any trace of her. But, in your climate, your cockatiel should be able to survive for quite a while. I hope someone can capture her and return her safely to you. It is heart-rending to lose them like that!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I am sooo sorry that you lost your tiel. Hopefully he is still alive, just not in the neighbourhood any more. Maybe if there is a local newspaper you can place an ad there and ask if anybody found it.
You are right though. I had a neighbour who put his tiel with clipped wings on the balcony, although I had told him more than once that I thought it was dangerous, and one day the tiel simply disappeared. He said he had just gone inside to get a drink, just for a few seconds, and the cockatiel had gone when he went back on the balcony. He rushed downstairs, but there was no trace of it... So clipped wings don't always help.
Every time I go to the vet to have my tiel's wings clipped a bit because he is so lively when I come home he can still fly up to the curtain rod even with clipped wings (he still has the external feathers of his wings, but the vet said he shouldn't be able to fly!
On the other hand, I was so lucky when my tiel was a baby. I put the cage on the balcony, but he managed to open it. Suddenly (from inside) I noticed him strolling on the balcony and was literally petrified! I opened the door as quietly as possible and managed to get him... :)
PS: Your new tiel is gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts