Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Francis Cappucci is learning how to whistle the Andy Griffith Show- on camera. He sings it pretty well through off camera, but needs some encouragement when the camera is on him. At least I think he's a he. He is just almost 6 months old.

·
Registered
786 Posts
He is adorable!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! About a month ago, when he looked at me straight in the eyes and started to sing a little to me, I think I melted. ha! I'm sure many of you have had that happen!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Ive been trying to teach Rocko that I have been playing it on youtube and trying to get him to copy it how did you get your tiel to learn it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Francis is my first cockatiel but I am making a guess that he likes the tune. I tried the Darth Vador tune from Star Wars, and he got some of the notes but he never got excited about it, but when I played the Andy Griffith tune for him he picked it up pretty fast. He seems to choose what he likes to say too. For example I say 'come here' to him a lot, and 'hi baby' and he says that too. And he imitates some of the wild birds outside but he won't imitate our parakeets or dove and our other birds are very boisterous, still he doesn't do their sounds. Maybe if your bird doesn't pick up on it in the next few weeks, he might like another tune more with notes that are different sounding?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot to say that I did play the youtube 30 minute version of the show tune. I played it for him about five different times.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
I forgot to say that I did play the youtube 30 minute version of the show tune. I played it for him about five different times.
Yes I played that for him a few times and one time he was sitting on my bed and he was trying to sing it but I could barely hear it he was singing bits from the start and I rewarded him I havent put it on for him in a while now but whenever I put it on he gets excited soon he might pick it up he also seems interested in the other song on youtube my neighbour tortoro the white face cockatiel singing that is so cute.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to teach my guy a new song but I'll wait a little bit. He is so proud of himself for singing this one. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts