Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elvis passed away earlier today,16 years old. His liver suddenly collapsed and there was no saving him, so the vet and us agreed to shorten the remaining living hours to a minimum, to save him from pain. He passed away on my arm, leaning on my chest. The vet said that Elvis couldn't hope to get much older because of so many years of neglect and malnutrition before we got him. His tiny body had been through much too much. So in a way I am happy he's at peace, although it's sad he isn't here with me no more.

I want to thank all of you for sharing your advice and love with us. As I have no more tiels nor intend to get a new one, I think I'll leave the forum. Elvis had a wonderful year as a rescue thanks to all of your kind help. I hope you will continue to take good care of each other and each others birds for many years to come!

Love from Crow

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Fly free Elvis. Sad to see you leave, but we understand. Thanks for letting him live out his days in comfort

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am sorry, Crow, to hear of your loss of Elvis. Poor little bird! I am glad you could give him love and good care after his life of neglect and mistreatment. It was so kind of you to allow the vet to help Elvis pass easily, with little additional suffering. I am sorry for what you and he had to go through. Blessings to you!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of Elvis :frown:

May the beautiful boy fly free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts