Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the petstore today and the one and only brand of eggfood they have had bugs in it!!!!:eek: Long clear ones and little black ones..NO THANKS! Anyone know a good recipe for homemade? I have most of the stuff I think..egg, cornmeal but I'm going grocery shopping tonight so if Im missing something I can get it.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
When i make egg food i use 1-2 hardboiled eggs, wholemeal bread crumbs, pellets, seed, and some grated veggies.

Mash up the eggs, sprinkle a little bread crumbs in just to dry it out a bit, then mix in a small amount of pellets and seed, and then any grated veggies your birds like. :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no cornmeal? ok. got it. The ones they had online mentioned cornmeal but I wasn't sure if it's ok to give it uncooked.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup- all went good. I wanted to make it mainly for Jamy and Limu but I ended up giving everyone some. I mixed whole eggs, hard boiled with shell, a little cornmeal, some steamed mixed veggies, fresh carrots and cuttle bone grated...mixed it all up in the food processor and that's it. It was easy and they ate it right away.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
My parents went grocery shopping tonight and could not find whole wheat bread crumbs. Iam going to try and find them at a different store. How long do you boil the egg for I heard eggs should always be over cooked if you are giving them to a bird.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My parents went grocery shopping tonight and could not find whole wheat bread crumbs. Iam going to try and find them at a different store. How long do you boil the egg for I heard eggs should always be over cooked if you are giving them to a bird.
I always over cook them...slightly past hard boiled. Try doing it with cornmeal instead-that's normally what's in the store brand eggfood. Either one is fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This community needs to be updated!
Right for a good egg meal so can use :
×Hard boiled egg only the white, you cand steam sweet potato or pumpkin have it mixed all together.
×hard boiled egg only the white,boiled chickpeas or lentils with some fresh grated Red Betroot !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts