Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to leave egg in his bowl for hours because he's still eating it and he goes back to it and eats more I heard after 2 hours it should be taken out but I gave it to him this morning and then I fell asleep and didn't wake until 5:00 pm

·
Registered
786 Posts
You should take it out of his dish after two hours as it can spoil and make him sick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So rocko is a female.. I was wondering about that. The stringy/watery poop happens when females lay eggs. The droppings also are twice the size as normal. They drink a lot more water when producing eggs as well. With cockatiels you have to make sure to provide lots of calcium. So calcium in their water if you have it/ cuddle bones/ oyster shell are all forms of calcium. If she is sitting on the egg keep the egg/ eggs there until she gets bored as they just keep replacing the eggs if you take them away. If rocko is a single bird this is not a problem as you won't have to worry about babies! If she's not sitting then you can take them away but keep the eggs just in case she decides to sit then you can put all the eggs back and hopefully this will get her out of laying more.

If you can you can also completely change their surroundings, decrease their sunlight hours, and even change their cage around to try to get them out of breeding mode.

Cockatiels are natorious for being chronic egg layers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So what is rocko doing other than watery poops?

In regards to the egg being fed as food lol yes I take it out after an hour or so. I only give enough for them to really eat in about 20 minutes then if I go back and there is none left I'll give a little more.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what is rocko doing other than watery poops?

In regards to the egg being fed as food lol yes I take it out after an hour or so. I only give enough for them to really eat in about 20 minutes then if I go back and there is none left I'll give a little more.
Other than watery poops hes just acting normal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts