Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So my Sammi girl laid 4 eggs about a month ago. I left them in the cage and after about 3 weeks she had lost interest in them so last week I slowly started taking them out. I had taken 2 out so far and then yesterday she started showing mating behavior again and when I came home from a super bowl party she was sitting on the remaining 2 eggs hissing and then I realized she's actually laid another! I guess I need to go back to putting her to bed for 12-13 hours a night? Any other suggestions? She's acting totally fine otherwise and the eggs are strong and solid but I've been told that if this keeps happening it could kill her! Any ideas and shared experience would be great. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Moving the cage around, moving her toys around, plus the long nights should help. Honestly, a bird in captivity should always get long nights. That way you're always sure she won't try to lay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. I have a rabbit who I have to rehome because of my allergy to him. He's leaving this weekend so I'm thinking I'll rearrange my room a little and maybe move Sammi's cage. And go back to having her covered longer and keep it that way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday Sammi laid another egg. Now she has 5 (3 are from the first batch). I'm hoping with 5 maybe she'll feel like that's enough and stop! I'll find out tomorrow I guess!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts