Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I quickly wanted to check on the two eggs my tiels had laid. First was on 21st dec and 2nd I guess on 23rd. Going by the days the first has completed 19 days. I couldn’t see any popping nor any chirps. Today morning I just opened a tiny part of the egg to pass fresh air in. I also cecjed the chick is still alive inside. Shall I b waiting for it to hatch by itself or manually go fo it. And when shall I do it if need be?

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Wait for the chick to hatch on its own. You shouldn't have made a hole in the shell - this will make the egg lose moisture faster than it should, which is very dangerous. Cover the hole if you can and let the baby crack the shell when it's ready.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, the eggs are still alive. But the parents are not sitting on it the full day. Only the male sits from morning till evening but when it’s dark the female doesn’t go into the nest. And this is happening since 4 days now. Is this normal? I haven’t come across this before.. it’s winter here, does that change anything in terms of incubation n hatching process?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts