Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loki pooped on the chair and she start eating it is that normal? Rocko dosent do that.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
It's not normal, but it's not uncommon either. Most of the time, eating poop is because of nutritional deficiencies or they could be bored and picked up a new habit

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not normal, but it's not uncommon either. Most of the time, eating poop is because of nutritional deficiencies or they could be bored and picked up a new habit
Loki is never bored shes too playful.What do u mean by nutritional deficiencies?

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I mean like she is possibly lacking in a certain vitamin or mineral. Just to rule this out, does she have access to a cuttlebone or mineral block?

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean like she is possibly lacking in a certain vitamin or mineral. Just to rule this out, does she have access to a cuttlebone or mineral block?
They have both in their cage they havent touched the cuttle bone and Loki is always eating the Mineral block.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
This can happen when a bird is on a seed diet and doesn't have variety and/or doesn't eat pellets. It can also just be pure curiosity. If it starts happening often, I would consider feeding pellets to your 'tiels again.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This can happen when a bird is on a seed diet and doesn't have variety and/or doesn't eat pellets. It can also just be pure curiosity. If it starts happening often, I would consider feeding pellets to your 'tiels again.
Loki never was on pellets only Rocko was and the pet store dosent sell them anymore and I wouldnt want to have to order them all the time id rather just feed vegetables and grains.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
The article I posted explains it better than I can but it can be a sign of a vitamin B deficiency and sprinkling brewers yeast on her food- I think the article suggests for a week, can help provide the missing vitamins.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The article I posted explains it better than I can but it can be a sign of a vitamin B deficiency and sprinkling brewers yeast on her food- I think the article suggests for a week, can help provide the missing vitamins.
Since Loki and Rocko share the same food dish is it ok for him to eat some too.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill get brewers yeast tommorow I read the article I think ill buy this often and give it to them a few times a month.Thanks for your help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts