Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Ahh, yes, i'm so bad. Gracie moved into my bed room today, she's now Cookie and Bailee's next door neighbour. She's been living with me for 16 days now, so quarantine was two weeks from being complete.

I made the decision to cut the quarantine short because she has been an only bird for 2 years before coming to live here, and in the two weeks i've had her she's been one of the healthiest birds i've seen. She did have the initial runny poos from stress, which cleared up after a day or two, so i'm glad i did put her in quarantine instead of just skipping it altogether like i had considered. I frequently bird sit a friend's tiel and because i know he was a single bird (not to mention i see him a lot and know he's healthy) i never kept him separate, so my original plan with Gracie was going to have her go straight into my bed room. :rolleyes:

Bailee and Cookie were very keen to see their new neighbour, they both climbed down to the bottom of their cage and were peering across at her with their beady tiel eyes. Gracie did the same from her cage, it was very cute. :p I think they'll get on really well once Gracie gets over the shock of having some feathered friends.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh wow! I can't wait to see what they think of eachother! It's ok to make that decision when you have alot of experience in checking them out and making sure they're healthy. I've done it before. Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's ok to make that decision when you have alot of experience in checking them out and making sure they're healthy.
Hehe, i still will always feel a little guilty though. :rolleyes: I know i have nothing to worry about, Gracie is in great health, and so are my two. I'll get some photos of all three later today.

One good thing i've noticed already is .... Gracie isn't screaming!!!! Whoooo!!! :p :D I might actually be able to sleep in without having to jam my head under a pillow to block out the screams coming through two closed doors from across the hallway. :eek:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
One good thing i've noticed already is .... Gracie isn't screaming!!!! Whoooo!!! :p :D I might actually be able to sleep in without having to jam my head under a pillow to block out the screams coming through two closed doors from across the hallway. :eek:
She was screaming for you!:p It'll calm her down since she knows you're right there now-plus her two new buddies!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Got to love when they scream for you :rolleyes:...hehe I can't wait to see pic's of them all together ;) I wonder how Bailee will be with two young ladies around :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
He won't know what to do with himself. :p He's already in love with Gracie, you can just see he's like "OOOOHHH, YELLOW!!". :p
Its funny we have the same thing going on One male to two female...hehe there like the king's of the castle :p

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That is cute :) He want a birdfriend :D LOL!! Hope they do get along when they finally meet without bars between them.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts