Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally caught Ollie on tape ...hehe sorry about the loud t.v in the background I couldn't get across to turn it down without attracting his attention, now listen closely and you will hear the starting of him trying to say pretty boy :p not bad for being such a little fella ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
AWWW! That is TOO cute! He's such a smart little guy- it sounds like he was saying pretty bird or pretty boy! Keep practicing with him and he'll be talking in no time!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AWWW! That is TOO cute! He's such a smart little guy- it sounds like he was saying pretty bird or pretty boy! Keep practicing with him and he'll be talking in no time!
Thanks Aly :D it was only the second time I heard him do it but now he does it all the time...lol mostly when he is on the fridge I wasn't really teaching him I usually just say to him who's a pretty boy when I see him and I guess he was listening he must like it :p maybe I should start saying pretty girl so he can call Georgie that then she might like him better...hehe

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
HEHE_ I know ur excited! It seems like you just got him and now he's learning to talk. He's adorable by the way. Keep practicing that with him until he learns to say it very clear and then you can start adding another one. Pretty GIRL might be a bit harder since they are much more likely to learn works that end in a vowel. I don't know why- just what I read. He's smart though- ya never know!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh that is so good!! Thanks to Ollie I now know what I should be looking for in Dooby.
thanks :D I am glad I was finally able to catch him...lol he seems to be little camera shy still, not for pictures of course just for whistling and chattering, Ollie and doobie are close in age Ollie is a few weeks older but it should give you a picture of what to look for.

HEHE_ I know ur excited! It seems like you just got him and now he's learning to talk. He's adorable by the way. Keep practicing that with him until he learns to say it very clear and then you can start adding another one. Pretty GIRL might be a bit harder since they are much more likely to learn works that end in a vowel. I don't know why- just what I read. He's smart though- ya never know!
I agree he probably won't say pretty girl but if he wants to win over Georgie he just might have to learn...LOL :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats funny....lol :D

Now that he has mastered the pretty boy, he does it all the time, its quite amusing to listen to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts