Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Hercules has started to eat the dried fruits in my muesli and I was wondering if this is OK for him. He disliked fresh banana but loves the dried version in my cereal. Can I give him some muesli for himself ? Thanks

Sent from my InFocus M808 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was wondering the same thing; my parents had gotten a bag of dried apricots and I had considered feeding them to Kirby. I was even going to make my own thread, but you beat me to it!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
dried fruits

I am not sure about other dried fruits, but aren't raisins bad for cockatiels? It seems to me I've read that here.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Dried fruits are high in sugar - they're basically candy, so feed them sparingly. Most are also preserved with sulfites which could cause acute adverse reactions. It's recommended to select ones without sulfites :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It should be okay in moderation :) What a lucky bird!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Raisins are just dried grapes which are a huge no no for just about any animal you own. The others should be fine just be careful of the sugar content.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey treats dried fruit the same way he treats fresh fruit.. it is the enemy and must be avoided. In fact, the sneaky things just might attack if he doesn't get as far away as he can and keep a wary eye on them. Sigh.... I love my little non fruit eater.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
There are bits of dried fruit in the Lafeber's Pelletberries I feed my 'tiels, and they eat these, but if offered fruit/dried fruit on it's own they avoid it. I would keep it to a minimum but I can't see why a little bit of dried banana/apricot would hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts