Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..I just thought I would let you know what Dooby says. We have had her four weeks now and in that four weeks, she has learnt to say:-

Hello Dooby
Good Girl
Clever Girl
Dooby, Dooby, Dooooby.
Tickle, tickle
Alright Dooby?

She also whistles:

Tickle, tickle tune.
Wolf Whistles
and another whistle that I don't know how to describe it, but it's the sort of whistle that you use to attract someone's attention.

She also rings like our telephone, then says "Hello, Dooby"

She will ring a bell when asked to, but that's as far as I've got with clicker training.....she goes a little bit mad with the clicker, so I've stopped for a while.

She will fly from me to Darryl (partner) when called and back to me. If she's upstairs and I'm downstairs, I can call her down and she will come to me.

I don't think that's too bad for four weeks and her being just under four months old.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well i think that's incredible. Dooby can impress the ladies by telling them they're "clever" or "good" ... that's the excuse i would use for teaching him those anyway. ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay....okay!!!! I submit.........Dooby is a boy!!! From what all of you have said, I guess I have to admit, he's a boy. The breeder seemed to think that it was a girl though, she said that she was 90% sure, just going by past experience that Dooby was a girl, so that is what I was going by. Now though, I can see more yellow than grey on HIS face, HE whistles and chatters loads during the day, HE is also very snuggly and cuddly at the moment, I hope that doesn't change too much as HE gets older. At the moment HE is sitting on my knee going to sleep because HE has just had bagel and pea soup for lunch! Sheesh, it's a hard Dooby life!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I was told Georgie was a BOY by my breeder and she was pretty sure of that but when I got Georgie home she was a quiet as could be did the dna because I was almost sure she was a girl and yes she is a girl, breeders are not always right they just guess like the rest of us...lol Yes girls can learn to mimic or whistle but its very limited, for Dooby to be saying all those things he is definetly a boy, now you can start calling him a clever boy ;)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
well look at it this way if you ever get a female in the house, Dooby will be sure to impress her...hehe ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That is so cute! I would LOVE to see a video of Dooby saying some of those things **hint hint** LOL! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts