Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already picked out names. I think I'm going about this a little backwards. ;):p Not sure if they'll stick once I get a tiel but for now they have my attention.

For a girl I really like Luna and for a boy I came up with Wazo (pronounced Wah-Zoh). lol I have GOT to get me a tiel!!! Still waiting on the breeder to call me back. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Gorgeous name - Luna is beautiful. :love: I remember when I bought one of my budgies, I was convinced he was to be called 'Milo', but I bought him home and he ended up being a Jake lol. :p Can't wait to hear more news.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I love the name Luna for a girl. If my Ziggy ended up a girl that's most likely the name I would have used. Wazo seems perfect for a boy tiel..it's goofy enough for them! hehe

Hope you hear back from the breeder. I'd start looking to see what other ones are around the area..just in case.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I seem to be a bit of a goof when it comes to names. I named one of my cats "Minoux" which is french for cute cat and "Wazo" is french (not spelled right) for bird. =) (oiseau) I will start looking for a new breeder I think. There is another bird show in my area on the 10th of Feb. If I don't find a breeder before then, I'm sure I can find one there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw a tiel I want last Sunday (Jan. 17) but couldn't purchase it at the time due to no cage. I talked to the breeder the other day and the tiel is still available. I will be picking her up on the 10th of Feb. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! (lol sorry)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
WOW!! Congrats!! I think that the day I took Willow home will always stick with me..it's so exciting! I can guarantee you will just love him/her. Do you know the sex of the one you are getting?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a 3 month old female. Sweet as can be. I was so upset that I couldn't take her home last Sunday but I had to be realistic. Not having a proper cage kinda puts a damper on things. I had spent about 30 mins just holding and playing and snuggling with the little girl and after I left I was rather upset that she wasn't apart of my family. Fortunately, the breeder didn't sell her to someone else. She is now holding her for me and I will pick up the bird a week from Sunday. Now I have the time I need to get a proper cage and to stock it with perches and toys and all the other things needed to keep a cockatiel happy. I'm just waiting for the breeder to send me some pictures that I can share with you all. She didn't strike me as very computer literate so they may never come. Then you'll just have to wait like me. =)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Awww, so she's a Luna? You are doing to right thing by waiting to get a proper cage. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts