Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shadow is going trough a little weaning regression and I've been supplementing with an evening hand feeding so I know he's getting some water through this, but I have never actually seen him drinking from the water bottle or bowl. Is it possible he doesn't know how to drink? I've seen him perch on the water bowl and look curiously at the water, but that's as far as it goes. Am I going to have to teach him how to drink? LOL

·
Registered
885 Posts
I had this problem with Panda, and I fixed it by giving him a really shallow dish of water to wade around in. Eventually he got curious and stuck his face in, and he figured it out after that lol. Babies can be a little dumb when it comes to figuring out the water but mine have always loved sitting in it and wading around in it so giving them a shallow dish kind of gets them going.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Thanks Shaenne - will definitely give this a whirl. Hopefully he'll figure it out like yours did.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success! It worked! Just saw Shadow drinking from his water bowl after letting him play around in a shallow dish of water yesterday. Phew...now I can relax. Stinky little buggers make us worry...lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts