Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm brand new to this site, I apologize ahead of time for the long read and thank you in advance for taking the time to go through it.

I've used the sites search with many different ways to phrase it and can't find it yet. If this has already been answered I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.

Ok so Stallone our cockatiel, we aren't sure how old he is but pretty sure he's got some wisdom under his belt.

We adopted him from someone online, the wife brought him home for the first time a couple years ago and it looked like his tail feathers and some of his wing feathers had been melted or burned or something.

After a while they grew back all nice and pretty 馃槉 I was doing most of his caring and flight training (he was terrible) now he's like a top gun ace :)

I was doing target training, treats and even had him coming after my Doritos all the time. I think he got this from his late partner Sylvester, she was awesome.

Anyways, we moved into an apartment and now every time I'm talking he starts screeching so loud it hurts. Everyone is covering their ears. Sometimes it's not that loud but it seems like my voice is angering him or something.

His cage door is always open, never closed. He has free rain and always returns to his "room" I can be around him and everything but it's when I talk that gets him going like this. He will be fine for a couple minutes and then it's like he's had enough of my voice haha (shut up already you talk to much) lol I do talk a lot when I'm talking with my kids about important things. I'm always calm and happy sounding too, I follow a life of positivity (law of attraction)

Any ideas?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I'm brand new to this site, I apologize ahead of time for the long read and thank you in advance for taking the time to go through it.

I've used the sites search with many different ways to phrase it and can't find it yet. If this has already been answered I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.

Ok so Stallone our cockatiel, we aren't sure how old he is but pretty sure he's got some wisdom under his belt.

We adopted him from someone online, the wife brought him home for the first time a couple years ago and it looked like his tail feathers and some of his wing feathers had been melted or burned or something.

After a while they grew back all nice and pretty 馃槉 I was doing most of his caring and flight training (he was terrible) now he's like a top gun ace :)

I was doing target training, treats and even had him coming after my Doritos all the time. I think he got this from his late partner Sylvester, she was awesome.

Anyways, we moved into an apartment and now every time I'm talking he starts screeching so loud it hurts. Everyone is covering their ears. Sometimes it's not that loud but it seems like my voice is angering him or something.

His cage door is always open, never closed. He has free rain and always returns to his "room" I can be around him and everything but it's when I talk that gets him going like this. He will be fine for a couple minutes and then it's like he's had enough of my voice haha (shut up already you talk to much) lol I do talk a lot when I'm talking with my kids about important things. I'm always calm and happy sounding too, I follow a life of positivity (law of attraction)

Any ideas?
Oh, once he starts this he won't stop until I stop talking.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9 days later and he is still doing it. He shares a room with my 15 yr old daughter who is an animal advocate Peta would be proud of. Every time I go in to talk to my daughter I either have you yell loudly so she can hear me or I have to put my hand in the cage and just keep it close to him so he's quiet but he's hissing at my hand so I know he doesn't like it and I'd rather do things he likes.

This is a 9day old post. I asked if there was already a post and to be pointed to it if it exists, otherwise, someone please answer my questions!
I'm about to rehome him because he gives everyone migraines when he does this, it really freaking hurts the head, it's causes this sharp stabbing throbbing pain inside the ears. We don't want to rehome him, when we get pets we are their forever home and that's final, but this is beginning to become too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts