Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I give Bennie a treat or a new food, I always ask him "Do you like it? Is it good?" Yesterday I was eating lunch with him perched on my right hand. (I'm a lefty.) He looked at me and said "Do you like it?" :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you like it?

To be quite honest, I don't even remember what I was eating at the time, so it couldn't have been to impressive.

I do agree: our little feathered friends sometimes do say just the right thing. Years ago I had a parakeet who could talk well. I was teaching at the time and had come home from a very difficult day at school. I went to get him out of his cage and he nipped my finger! I said, "OK, you can just STAY in there!" and closed his door. I sat on a chair and glared at him. Then I felt bad. I got up, let him out and he hopped out of the cage, up on my shoulder. He sidled up to my ear and said "You're so pretty!" I took it as a sweet little apology, made me cry. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
My Kakariki was a good talker but what he said was never related to the situation hence we got "Good Morning" all day long.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
They are unbelievable.
When Howie chewed my books I was so upset, so he jumped on the door of his cage and started mumbling something to himself very softly, staying put. Then he jumped on my shoulder and kissed me, asking for forgiveness. :love:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts