Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I have never thought to keep them...lol I just vacuum them up and throw them out :p I am not much of a collector if stuff doesn't get used I get rid of it.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never thought to keep them...lol I just vacuum them up and throw them out :p I am not much of a collector if stuff doesn't get used I get rid of it.
For memories?...:eek: You know...so you could always have a piece of your tiel when....I don't collect much stuff-I always keep feathers though. (the pretty ones anyway) I even have a cheek patch feather and a crest feather.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
My boyfriend has kept the nice feathers from our Quaker - and he's been sticking them into my Dream catchers ( that I don't care for - but i'm just here wasting space!)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I collect feathers too. I have a zip lock bag for each of my indoor birds and i put any pretty feathers they lose in them. :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone keep the little feathers? I'm not sure but aren't they called down feathers? or what are they called?I have a clear jar with alot of those lil feathers there it looks pretty :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Down feathers are just the little white fluffies. I keep the small but coloured feathers.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ones in the pic are some of her back and chest feathers. I also have a crest feather from her...waiting on Ziggy to grow a tiel and molt some crest feathers. The budgies all get one bag of little colorful ones.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I keep feathers too...have done for years ever since I got my first budgie. I love the flight feathers espcially and the cute little fluffy feathers hehe! :D

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I usually do. I don't really have a reason except for that it doesn't feel right to throw them away. I don't know why
i know what you mean. I feel horrible if i find a feather on the floor ruined. Not to be mean to my birdies but i love teasing them with their own feather. I will poke it at them and they will hop and stick there wings up. Sometime they will use them as a foot toy like so

See. Vary smart birdie and a very cheep and effective foot toy.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Aww! they look so cute using a feather as a foot toy:) I keep feathers too! Tail feathers and little colourful feathers:D
I love them, i stick them in a book:cool:

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I want to keep some of Spikes feathers too. But he just keeps on snaping his tail feathers off. Which makes them not very pretty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont know what I was thinking when I was talking about the down feathers but those are from my budgies .. :p that's why they're all colorful but I have also kept some of my tiels tail feathers :).

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I want to keep some of Spikes feathers too. But he just keeps on snaping his tail feathers off. Which makes them not very pretty.
It takes a moult or two for them to come through nicely without getting snapped i've found. :p Then you can find some keepers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts