Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........................................ See how well you listen. :p

Greetings,

Allow me to introduce myself. Hello my name is, Adam. I'm generally out spoken, open-minded, and socially uncensored. I'm a part-time administrator (own my own forum too) and a full-time animal lover.

My cockatiel's name is, Phoenix. I actually got him for free on criags list, by posting there and generally requesting if anyone had a bird they would like to give up. And someone actually responded as their bird had recently "hatched" a few. Good thing too, cause I actually got Phoenix delivered to me in a large family size peanut butter jar (good thing I had my own cage).

Phoenix is now 2 years, 4 month old at best guess. I was told he was hatched around Christmas. So I typically celebrate his birthday around that time. Since having him I've upgraded him to a large deluxe cage (big enough for 2 large parrots), but allow him to mostly roam free outside his cage.

Some day I plan on getting him a friend (think it would be good for him).

So hello everyone.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
A PEANUT BUTTER JAR? Some people just... blow my mind.

Anyway, so glad to have you here and we would love to see pictures of Phoenix. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A PEANUT BUTTER JAR? Some people just... blow my mind.

Anyway, so glad to have you here and we would love to see pictures of Phoenix. :)
I was a bit puzzled and surprised too. The guy had poked some wholes into it and basically handed it to me, as is. :eek:

First two thing I had to do was teach him that people can be friendly, as he did bite alot when I got him. Today, he is most friendly and even my nieces can hold him. :love:

The other thing was teaching him how to fly. When I got him, he could glide down a little. But he was a fast learner. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts