Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all you handy folks out there! A new member pugwinkle came up with a great idea that I'm sure lots of you can contribute to. So please share with us you pictures of your plygym creations and an explanation of how you did it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
OK here is mine...it was kinda simple but since i couldn't put the playgym on Chico's cage the way it was i had to make some modifications. He loves playing on top of his cage but it was hard for him to get around on the top of this cage so i screwed some dowel legs on the bottom of it and put some step up perches in the legs and added a food and water dish and voila it worked until i got him a bigger gym a girlfriend and a bigger cage

Mikey

·
Registered
363 Posts
Heres mine, made it in my pro tech class at school. i used school desktop as the base. and cut pieces of wood, and nailed/glued them together. i made sure glue and nails were present in areas that the cockatiels weren't going to be able to get to or reach. the swing, toy with the sqaure blocks, and ladder were bought, but i made everything else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Gym that my b/f cut part of his finger off

The birds love this....

I usually have a toy hanging from the one arm (till they knock it off) and they have treats etc on there. :)

And there is no metal... all wood.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I purchased one like the one bigmickey36 has but I just recently discovered a cool place to buy some of the best play gyms I have ever seen. Click on the link below!

http://www.birdgymsrus.com/c38.htm :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's funny that you posted this link. I have been looking at these play gyms for Cocoa. I'm still not sure which one I want.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Those cost an arm and a leg!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
SweetSimmy! Can you pretttyy prettty pleaaase make me one! I LOVE it. I always wanted to build something myself but I'm not exactly the "handyman" of the house.

·
Registered
111 Posts

my boyfriend made this for our babies. theres a swing, a ladder,5 perches, a place for food and water (even though you cant see it in this picture), and a place to hold millet spray. Also the three cat balls with bells that they love.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Not mine, but OH MY GOD.

How much fun would that be! I'd love to make something like that, if I could.

I'm going to try and make a play gym, if it fails, I'm going to just buy one, lol.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you're going to use PVC pipe Solace make sure to sand the areas your bird will be climbing and perching on so your birds will have something to grip. PVC can be slippery for a bird.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh That's even better! You can get a few nice bright colors!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Thanks I'll remember that when I start making it. :)

1 - 20 of 206 Posts