Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a dirty faced cockatiel? Bennie has a dark area between his eyes and beak, but it is not real obvious. He also has a dark tip to his beak. Is that because he is a pied? I attached a picture I posted before to show the features I mentioned. It's a little hard to see the dark tip on his beak, but you can see it if you closely. I can try to get a better picture; maybe from the side would be better.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yeah, I can see the dark tip. Some cockatiels that carry the pied gene can also have dark stripes on their beak. It's pretty cute. :p

"Dirty-faced" is a term used to describe the dark facial colouring that can occur on pied cockatiels, as shown here:

Picture from tumblr.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Yeah, I can see the dark tip. Some cockatiels that carry the pied gene can also have dark stripes on their beak. It's pretty cute. :p

"Dirty-faced" is a term used to describe the dark facial colouring that can occur on pied cockatiels, as shown here:

Picture from tumblr.
Oh I never knew that did you notice Rocko has dark stripes on his beak when I first got Rocko he used to hit the window and was bleeding from the cere and I thought he got a bruised beak lol.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey is a normal grey, but due to having a lot of grey feathers on his face as a baby. he looked like he had a dirty face. It was quite adorable, but disappeared with his first molt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts