Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Dirty bird

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cokati 
#1 ·
Hi,

For some time now Angel has way too much dirt and I'm wondering how to remove them. I'm trying to hold her on her back so I can slightly rub the dirty feathers but she won't let me, I've tried other ways too but no success, she goes angry bird on me. She has just finished her 2nd molt and feathers looks like they've all grown. I think the dirt came from her eating style (playing or sitting in foods) and playing and whatsoever that she does.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Nono, she's definitely not molting as I said she finished her 2nd molt and the feathers are all grown because during the molt her neck was all itchy and feathers were like spiked. She's a lutino white faced (albino). The pics shown were right after I sprayed her for her bath. The thing is Angel has been concerned ever since I got her, she keeps on being afraid and panics anything unusual happening around her, that's why I'm having hard time to remove the dirt next to the sink or if I wet my fingers then gently rub her neck to clean them. I'm just wondering if there's anything else that could be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.