Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's about 9-10 months now, nearly 1. Eeek.

So today I let them all out of the cage, and Dipsy (shock horror) let me get close to him to take some photos, without getting frightened or trying to bite me. So I got these photos, and I just want to know what you think what sex might be. He's getting a lot of yellow, especially behind his crest - he has bars on his tail (dunno if that'll help) and yeah. I would take 'em to the vet but I can't afford it atm, while I have college to pay for.

My friend thinks it's male, but thing is he hisses and hisses, if you go near him while he's in the cage. But if he's out and you go near him, he'll just walk away and ignore you. :lol:

I can take more if need be. I didn't wanna start annoying him with the camera in his face.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
If Dipsy is 9-10 months I am going to say female they usually moult around 6 months and the tail barring would start to go and she would have had a lot more yellow by this age, my Georgie had a lot of yellow on her face and it was bright she was thought to be a male because of it, buts shes not...lol

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, thanks for that, Laura. :)

So since she's a female, what would it mean if she started getting more yellow on her face? or won't she?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Ahh, thanks for that, Laura. :)

So since she's a female, what would it mean if she started getting more yellow on her face? or won't she?
Its probably as yellow as its going to get, if she was a male she would have lots more yellow then she does by now, there are a lot of females that have the bright yellow around the beak area like that but if it was a male she would have had more yellow around the whole face.

Good eye birdieness I didn't even noticed that in the siggy...lol but I did see the split this time its very noticeable on the back.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would say she is a girl aswell because of her tail barring I love her crest its so different. I like it when theres some thing different about them she looks like she has been to the feather salon and had the underneath tinted lol my Houdini has a bright yellow crest and it looks like I have drawn a line on it with a permanent marker :D

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I would say she is a girl aswell because of her tail barring I love her crest its so different. I like it when theres some thing different about them she looks like she has been to the feather salon and had the underneath tinted lol my Houdini has a bright yellow crest and it looks like I have drawn a line on it with a permanent marker :D
Lmfaooo! Thanks, she's such a beautiful bird and I love her.

Thanks everyone else too. Since I put her in the cage with the other 2 she's actually loving it. She's put her head down to Tilly to preen her and she's following whatever they do. If one goes to eat she'll follow. :lol: Mum said maybe it was that she's lonely too. So hopefully soon enough I'll be able to get her to start hoping onto my finger with some luck. :D

Oh and I got told she's a normal grey, but I shall change that. And not sure what her parents were, my mum got her from a pet shop last year (Christmas eve).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts