Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ollie is turning into quite the little pain lately :blink: he has taken to chewing everything in sight I can't even turn my back on him for a second he chewed off half the buttons on my remote right underneath my nose which is annoying because I don't even own the remote its a rental box from the cable company :eek: try explaining that one a tiel ate my remote :p and now he has started to try and chew on my t.v wires everytime I go to remove him he lunges at me like he is going to attack he has also chewed the mouse for the computer one of the remotes for the Wii any thing that is out is far game for him, its weird though he has many toys to chew on but nope there not good enough for him, I keep telling him one of these days he is going to chew on the wrong thing and that will be it for him :( I would hate to see anything happen to him.
He has also taken to yelling at me :rolleyes: I know he wants out to have his free reign but the problem is if I can't sit there and watch him like a hawk I can't have him out because I never know what he will get into he use to be such a good boy I don't know what happened to him :p the other ones don't do it except for Georgie who chewed the wood pannelling in the dining room but that was just briefly and she never chewed anything else, anyone else have this problem I mean I know they like to chew on things its nature but he is getting out of hand with it hopefully its just a phase that will soon pass.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Ollie is a fully fledged member of the BBC (Bad Boys Club)

I really don't know what to suggest unless, every time he goes to chew something you distract him with a clap of your hands or something. The trouble is, that might frighten the other ones. It's a tricky situation, how about squirting him with a water pistol? Althuogh, water + electricity isn't a good mix. How old is he? Is he going through the same sort of thing that Dooby went through, although I thought Ollie was a lot older than Dooby. Dooby is nine months old now.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ollie and Dooby are about the same age he will be a year I believe the first week of May I have to check the date I got it around here somewhere, I am not sure whats gotten into him lately hopefully its a phase he is not biting on a whole if that makes sense just when you try to remove him from something he wants to destroy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yeah, like he's claiming it as his and you are not going to take him away from it. That's how it started with Dooby and then he just carried on biting every time I put my hands any where near him, no matter what he was doing. I know Ollie has always been ok with your hands though so I'm not saying that's what will happen with him. It's so easy to say, ignore the threats and the bites and make him do it anyway, but I just couldn't let Dooby bite me until he stopped. When you get older your skin is thinner, he was taking chunks out of me!! lol. Hopefully it will pass and Ollie will get on with his ringing and not chewing.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
hmm none of my tiels chew on anything that isn't there - with the exception of a shirt , necklace, ring when we hold nibbles and baby

but other than that they just sit there and occasionally play with the toys in the cages

how old is he? he sounds like he maybe going through those terriable 2s I keep hearing about (which all mine came to me after that, with the exception of the newest tiel who's 9 month s old)

·
Registered
644 Posts
My little Peaches is around the same age as Doobie and Olly.

He is definitely a member of the BBC. All Attitude.

I sometimes think he is a reincarnation of a "Made" guy from the Mafia. The way he struts around is a riot.

And when I catch him destroying something he isn't supposed to, he just tries to stare me down and gives a sharp chip. We swear he is saying with a Brooklyn accent "Hey!!! Whats you're problem!?!?"

He is a total believer of free reign.

"A Little Man of his own Destiny"

·
Registered
88 Posts
garry is pretty bad for chewing too. he chews my sister's earring often pulling it out and has also bitten the buttons from my remote...i cant use channel 1,4 or 5 :(

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I think Earl andn Little Bill are becoming members of the BBC! My dad was going mad the other day, because they nearly biten off the corner on the mirror! :lol: Woops!!

Ollie does sound like he loves nibbling things, that he isn't meant to nibble! :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Naughty Ollie!!! :p Cookie would chew the buttons of the remotes if i didn't watch her, i place all the remotes button side DOWN when she's around.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
The thing is, since i started placing them buttons down, she's become an expert and pulling the battery cover off. She doesn't actually want the batteries, she just gets a kick out of ripping the cover off and throwing it somewhere. :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The power button on my old tv remote got destroyed by Baby. Within minutes it was in little bitty pieces. Ziggy bangs on cell phone and tries to chew it when I'm on it *I guess he thinks I'm ingoring him*...in other words, you're not alone.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
welcome to the club stretch chews the telephone cord remote buttons he has chewed my vhs video case holder and i won,t go there about my venitian blinds

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Spike chews on my key board and my papers even if I have shredders for him to chew. He does like to yell alot aswell, he will put his head down and just yell mixing in words mainly his name :eek: He is probably a gold member of the BBC :p

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh Laura, I can relate to that story, my guys are members of the BBC too. They would much rather chew the woodworks, wires, remote controls...anything but the toys! :wacko: I did try bitter apple spray for birds on the electrical wires for a brief time, then they lost interest and don't try to chew them anymore.

Many years ago we had a budgie who loved the remote control so much that he would chase you all over the house after it. It was a great game! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts