Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 day old chick I had to pull. It's dehydrated and I've given it Pedialyte once. It's in brooder at 90 degrees and around 50% humidity. Haven't seen much of a change and need to know should I be doing more or something different. Vet is not in office until tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gave oral hydration via syringe. Sorry, I have been doing acute care for a month and a half now, beginning with a day old coronation sussex that died at day 4, then 2 mycoplasma Hyosynoviae grower pigs, then a lame horse, a stomped on goat kid, two chickens with Marek's symptoms. I am getting a bit exhausted so pls forgive me. So trying to keep this SLW chickie alive for my grandson.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is a very old post, but if you are having issues, you can try the avian avenue forums, they have a lot of breeders there and their forum is active.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When birds digest feed or yolk, the metabolic water that is produced by that digestion supplies them with enough water to survive if the conditions are optimal. Additional water supply will help the birds, but additional feed has a similar effect, as the digestion will provide water as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.