Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The highest recorded cockatiel screech is 123db so I have read, My lawnmower is 98db. I reckon Peppy's is well over 100db. I think it is a female thing. People suggest it is boredom or lack of stimulation that causes it but I don't believe that. She is out and has company all day and toys etc and is worse in the morning. This is combined with non-stop room circuits for hours on end.At least she is ready for bed by 7pm.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Oh my! That must be tiring for you... Do you think she could be hormonal? Or is it something she has always done? I wish I had some good answer for you, but I don't. Maybe someone else can help you more. I'll send you some good quiet thoughts and hope that it stops :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Haha, I have a noisy girl too. Sophie can often out-screech the boys. :lol:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I'd love to measure Joeys decibels sometimes. He is currently hormonal, crabby, and LOUD. Fortunately that is nearly over, and we can keep him somewhat occupied giving him lots and lots of popsicle sticks to destroy by restringing his toys. Even when he is not hormonal, he loves to shout loudly at the outside birds, despite our efforts to convince him they aren't interested in pampered indoor birds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts