Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys! Remember Krissi?

Well I only had the girl for 3 months, but I spent over $700 on 2 separate vet visits plus a necropsy on her (the vet ripped me off and I have since found a new one to go to). She was an absolute doll, but she put me in the hole financially. Also, you must know that she did something else for me; she gave me the tools I needed to be able and reach out to Allie and bring her into my home. I would not have been nearly as confident in caring for Allie if I had not learned so much from Krissi.

And I know some of you know about Charlie..

Well I had him in my care for about 3 months and I spent about $450 on him for his annual vet care plus a heartworm treatment. He went to his new home a couple weeks before Christmas and although I only asked for $60 as an adoption fee, his adopter was very generous and gave me $160 instead. With that money, I purchased a $75 gift card to Petco for my neighbor, who allowed Charlie into her home for the time we had him. I also donated to the 2 organizations who made his care possible..they were both non-profits and charged only what it costed for them to care for him, without any "labor" fees. If it had not been for them I would not have been able to even think about heartworm treatment (most vets charge about $1200-$1600 for a treatment).

Anyway, because of the 2 little angels, I have been sitting here staring at a huge credit card balance for a while now. Well..I have been budgeting and budgeting and budgeting (and also keeping money in my savings for emergencies..don't you worry about that) and I have finally reached a breaking point. My credit card will be paid off completely by the end of this month! I even have a $225 credit on my Care Credit card--so $725 total allowance on there.

Cause for celebration? I think 'yes'...I will now be able to put even more away to save. :) Man, having my big heart like mine is expensive! :p

P.S. If you're curious about Krissi here is her story. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
That has to feel so good, both that you are pet-debt free AND that you used that to help animals in need. It sounds like you were blessed in return. Congrats and kudos!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yay! Congrats :)

I'm hoping to be in that situation in a year or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts