Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was hoping I could get some help here. My lutino cockatiel has been exhibiting cyclic (on/off) polyurea for the last 4-5 months. It seems to peak at certain times, at which point she appears to lose her appetite and looses some weight. I have noticed that during the worse of it she grows a number of new pin feathers. Odd thing is... this has been going on for months. I'd also like to add that about a month ago she laid 3 eggs and we concluded that it was due to that as she got better. But now, she is getting worse again. The polyurea is the direct result of her apparently insatiable thirst as she drinks much, much more water.

I have been to the vet but they had no idea what was wrong and the blood work came clean.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum

Im sure other members who have more experience in this will help you when they come on

I wish you all the best and hope she gets better soon

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
I don't know anything about this subject but the article starting at http://www.petplace.com/birds/polyuria-in-birds/page1.aspx has a discussion including the diagnostic procedures needed, possible causes, and treatment. It's three pages long so be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of each page and click Next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts