Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen a bird take to the cuttlebone like Minnie did, of course I made the mistake of getting a double one with pink on the outside and the cuttlebone in the middle and as you can guess yes I now have a pink bird...hehe don't ask me how but all her underside is pink and her face is all pink, Georgie will use her's occasionally, Ollie not so much but Minnie well she just went crazy over her's :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh I hate the ones that come with a colored mineral block...Sugar turned pink before..hehe...Maybe because she's a growing girl she needs her calcium? Is she eating the mineral block or just the cuttle bone. Mine go through cuttle bone pretty often..mostly the girls. I ended up ordering a box that comes with 25 large ones and I'm still on # 4 three months later..hehe. At the store here they're about $2-

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She seems have eaten both I guess I just wasn't expecting her to go through so much as I have never seen the other ones or the budgies take to it so much, ordering a box is a good idea you must go through alot with all of yours ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
ordering a box is a good idea you must go through alot with all of yours ;)
you have no idea!:rolleyes: I wish I could buy seed and pellets in bulk but I don't since they might not stay fresh as long and have probably been on the shelf forevers. Anything else that can last, in bulk.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have no idea!:rolleyes: I wish I could buy seed and pellets in bulk but I don't since they might not stay fresh as long and have probably been on the shelf forevers. Anything else that can last, in bulk.
I know I go through alot with 5, I can't imagine having 10 :eek:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I also get the coloured ones, Cookie likes them, but the others not so much. I get them because i found that the plain ones i was getting were rusty where the holder went into the back!! :eek: I have had Blinkie become a yellow face budgie once before, but never since.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should try and get a pic of her, you should see how funny she looks this pretty yellow bird with a pink face and belly :D but I don't care she loved it

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
You should get a photo, she might never do it again, and then you'll wish you did get a photo. :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Dooby doesn't really go for his cuttlebone too much, he'll have the occasional nip at it but that's all. It's the same with his mineral block, he doesn't really use that much. I'm sure he leaves them on purpose so that his beak stays nice and sharp so that it sinks through the flesh easier. lol

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
getting were rusty where the holder went into the back!! :eek:
Same thing here-that metal holder thing was always rusted so I don't use them anymore- I tied it up with a shoestring on the side of the cage where they like it. The box I bought comes with them loose so I don't have to take the holder off which was ALWAYS a pain-like nails on chalkboard!!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my bird was turning pink i thought he could be ill, but it must of been his pink cuttlebone hehe :)
hehe..... thats funny, yup it would have been that I never even thought when I got it that it would turn her pink, it suits her though I think she looks quite cute :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts